Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Lomos


My first contact with photography came as I traveled with my parents throughout the country. A mechanic Minolta – which my dad really loved – helped me take my first picture. My dad taught me to measure light, focus and then, take the photo. Of course, the theme of this initial series of pictures were always my parents!

After high school, in a real act of emancipation, I decided to take it a step forward and began studying photography and film.

By 2004, I was carrying around my Lomo camera with me wherever I went. This practically disposable camera brought about a wonderful thing into my life: color and fate, the first taking over my eyes and the second, my life.

I started traveling again and taking photos that were a lot less structured. This fresh look came together with a more assertive and peaceful way to face the world.

Since then, I've turned photography into a game. I play with everything I see. I walk around familiar old places that I'm able to interpret because I can remember them, I know them, I love them. Buenos Aires, the Pampas embody my childhood. The beaches, the Atlantic sea embody my adolescence.

Today, I choose Buenos Aires to be my home.

I compiled all these images so that others can see them, interpret them from a new perspective.

I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I did.


No comments: